Monday, August 3, 2009

Could I clone her?

This card was made for a very special girl. Her name is Sanelisiwe Bingo, remember that name, because you are going to hear it again some day. She is 18 years old and is one of the most special people that has ever entered my life. The past year it has been my absolute priviledge to be the supervising teacher for the SRC (Students Representative Council) at our school. Sane was elected as president of the SRC. I must tell you, she is a very small little girl, standing just higher than my elbow, but in that little body lives a giant, with the mind, courage and wisdom of a grown woman! I can hardly believe that a year has passed and that a new president has been elected.
She singlehandedly changed the face of the SRC and made it a functioning body that has a real voice in the school. She started her year with elections and ended it with the respect of the teaching staff and learners of the school.
This card was made specially for her, from the SRC to say good bye and thank her for everything she has done for the body. I wish I could share every message that was written to her, because just reading what the girls wrote brought tears to my eyes. Sane has taken my vision for the SRC, made it a reality and even better than I could ever dream of. For the first time since the inception of the SRC, girls are saying that they would give anything to be the president - before it used to be the last option. So I have to say good bye to this very special girl. My best wishes go with her, knowing that we will always be in contact and that she will grow up to make a real difference to this wonderful country of ours. I look forward to hear her name mentioned on the news as a great leader in the new generation of people, building an even better country for all South Africans. With the future in the hands of such young people, we have nothing to fear.
Remember that name: SANELISIWE BINGO.

The card was made with Bazzil Cardstock and Basic Grey paper. The rose was stamped in Stazon ink and coloured with my Copics. Ribbon is from the local habby store.
Hope you like it as much as she did.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: