Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sometimes it really sucks to live in South Africa and I am so not showing you those cards!

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of the 'lets run everything about our country down' brigade, but sometimes it is really hard to remain positive about all the things in my beloved country. These two beautiful girls in the picture below. my daughter Daniela and my granddaughter Tertia-Lee were in the middle of an armed robbery at Spar in Benoni. Daniela stopped to get bread and milk on the way home from swimming lessons and the next thing they knew there were five armed robbers in the Spar, demanding cash from the owner and taking all the customers' phones, jewelery and cash.

For some unknown reason ( I think God had something to do with it) they left Daniela alone and didn't take a thing from her. Not any less traumatising for her though. Daniela was hysterical by the time she phoned me and she has not gone back to any shop since.

Lynette asked if I was going to show you the wedding invitations I was busy making and the answer is a very emphatic NO!!!!! Think - pink marshmallow that exploded, times that by about a hundred and you might come close to what they looked like. I did not even take a photo when I was finished, because I would like to forget about it as soon as possible. Think pink paper, two different shades of pink ribbon, two shades of pink beads, another shade of pink roses and pink heart shaped charms. Not possible you say? Believe me it was worse than your worst nightmare.I was too scared to go to bed that night in fear of having pink dreams! The poor, poor groom! My DH, who is my greatest fan, took one, looked at it for a very long time and said very quietly:' It is really well made dear'. I cried, I laughed so hard. The poor, dear man did not want to hurt my feelings, but he also could not bring himself to tell me it was nice.

The bride, you ask? she is in seventh heaven. She has never seen anything that beautiful in her life - thank goodness it takes all sorts to fill the world.


The next card was made for a friend. Her niece is getting married and the colour scheme is lime green and black. Don't know if I like it, but at least its not pink! Stamp is Heidi Swapp and all papers are Bazzil. Bling from the local bead shop.


These are good luck cards I made for a fellow teacher. Her matrics are writing next Friday and she always asks me to make cards for every one of her pupils. The stamp on the front is an angel from Inkadinkado. They were coloured with my Copics. All paper is Bazzil. (No surprise there!)


On the inside of the card there is a chocolate and space for her to write a personal message to each of her pupils.




Here is a closer view of the Angel. I put Stickles on the wings and then poured more glitter over them to get the effect I wanted. Hope you liked my creations.

Please leave me a comment when you visit so that I can visit you too!







1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that one of your loved ones were affected by the crime in our country...just so thankful that she was left unharmed...and trust the Lord to heal the hurt of the trauma.

    I love that green card with the damask stamp...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete