Saturday, December 19, 2009

At last! I finished Audrey's gift.

I posted a while ago about brave people making brave things, ( See this post: http://tertia-craftinggran.blogspot.com/2009/11/brave-people-make-brave-things.html) Audrey was the only one brave enough to take me up on the challenge. It took me a while, but I think I finally made her something that I am semi happy with. I started three different things, but abandoned them half way. Then I saw the instructions on how to make cupcakes from plaster of paris in one of our local magazines. The amazingly talented Candice Greenway wrote the article and everything she does is always good, so I thought I would give it a bash.
The card to go with it is my first attempt at an easel card. I think I will be making a few more of those!

The stamped image is one I recieved from one of my kind blogging friends. I coloured it with my Copics. The cardstock is Bazzil and the patterned paper is by Uppikit, a local South African company. Have you seen their latest papers? Just fantastic, really great quality. Ribbon, flowers and brads are from my stash.
Here is a picture of one of the cupcakes. I made 12 placecard holders and put them in a decorative box. As soon as I am finished typing, I am going to get ready and then deliver them to Audrey. Lets hope she likes them!


Have a great weekend everybody. I am taking the grandchildren for a swim and then DH and I are going to a concert at Carnival City, can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. yummy the cupcakes look good, adorable card too...very sweet!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest! That WOJ stamp is one of my favs. Yummy cupcakes too. Hope your time with the grandkids is FUN:)

    ReplyDelete