Monday, April 26, 2010

Good bye & good luck.

Feeling so much better today for the first time! Thought I would just quickly show you the card I made for a friend. Like so many other South African moms, she has to say good bye to her son and DIL on the 8th of May when they will be Immigrating to Australia. Some more brilliant minds lost to our beautiful country. It makes me very sad.
She wanted a card where the whole family could write farewell messages. She even provided me with the poem on the inside. The stamp set was found in one of our local shops, but unfortunately there was no name on it, so I don't know who made it.

The Dp is Kaiserkraft (I am in love with that company! LOL) and Making Memories. Cardstock is Bazzil. The ribbon is a tiny piece of pure silk ribbon that I had left from my ribbon embroidery days. The button is a wooden one found in my local habby store. The suitcases on the inside were coloured with my Copics.
Here is the inside. Hope you can actually read the poem. I made the tags a little bigger than usual, figure the family would want to write a message and not just sign their names. All ribbon is from my stash. Would have loved to just use the spotted one, but I didn't have enough, so plan B it was.
I got a phone call on Friday to say my sewing machine was fixed, so a very happy lady is going to fetch her machine right now. Can't wait! Isn't is amazing, I hardly ever use my machine now that all my kids are grown up, but since its has been in for repairs, I 'needed' it for all sorts of things. Took them long enough - A whole three weeks - true to form in Africa.

1 comment: