Monday, August 9, 2010

Digistamps4joy Design Team call and a sort of disaster.

A few posts ago, I told you about the new South African digi stamp company Digistamps4joy. Well, she is having a DT call - So hurry on up and go and have a look. The link is on my sidebar.
Here are the two cards that I made for the DT call.
The first one (actually both of them) was coloured with my Copics and cut out with a Nestie.
The cardstock is Bazzil and I ran the background through my Cuttlebug. The Dp is a little piece I found in my scrapbox. I added a little silver star to her magic wand and some bling to her crown. The ribbon and flower are from my stash.

The next card is one of my favourites, but ended in a bit of a disaster. I had it all finished and was just waiting for the stickles on the wings to dry when my granddaughter came into my craftroom. You know what 3yo little girls are like - they look with their fingers. First thing I noticed was when I heard her say: "Ouma, this is very beautiful" then silence and a little voice "sorry ouma". When I looked up, the stickles was spread all over the top of the wing. If you look closely, you will still see the result after I tried to save the poor fairy.
The cardstock is Bazzil again and the Dp is from my scrapbox again. I cut the centre band with my Martha Stewart punches. The ribbon is from a local party shop. The flowers are ones I made with Fimo clay after I saw some for sale, but I thought they were terribly expensive - so out came the clay and florist wire. I am quite pleased with them in the end.

Have a great week everybody. See you soon.


4 comments:

  1. 2 very pretty cards. Your flowers came out beautifully. I'll admit I've done the same with my stickles - because I don't put it out of way (never mind the kids) - I generally put my hand on it... Good luck with the DT call.
    Love Mel
    (http://digistamps4joy.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tertia...you are really pumping out these beauties. I hope you make the DT!

    I am loving your Martha Stewart punches...drool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tertia, nice to see another SA crafter on a blog! I too am christian, and a gran! My grand daughter is always into all my stickers and stamps, so watch out, it doesn't end with the stickles! Good luck with the DT call for Mel. Pop into my blog at www.deniquecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! I'm pleased that you are feeling better. Good luck for DT call!
    http://dkhdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete