Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WOYWW 100 - I'm late, I'm late!

I am very late today, sorry girls, but life is hectic! We started ( actually the builders did ) building a very large verandah (for my South African friends - 'n lekker groot stoep) in our backyard, I had to go for my VISA interview at the American consulate. My DD had an Epeleptic seizure while driving and drove into a ditch (thank goodness nobody was hurt!) and I was on Granny duty for the last few days.DH just phoned in a panic, the Building supplies are closing at 5 and I HAVE to go and buy something RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't you just love it when they think that you can just drop everything and run when they need you?
SO, before I tell you about all the photo's I have to run. Be back soon with more.
OK I'm back. Went there, bought what DH wanted, loaded it into my tiny little car and drove the 8kms home in about an hour in peak hour traffic.
Now for the desk - As you can see, I am proud to present a clean workspace. You will see the e-mail I printed out to get the address for somebody I promised some stamped images. There are some jewelery cord and yes, there is the obligatory chocolate!
And here I give you, my newly resorted bookshelves. On it my beads, sorted into colours. There is also my art journal - OK, my empty journal, I bought it and the Gesso and the texture paste and the paint and I will be trying my hand at it soon ( I hope! ) I have all these ideas in my head and all the inspiration I can hope to get from all the wonderfully talented WOYWWers ( http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com )
I thought I would show you the card I made for a friends birthday. I found a great tutorial and true to form couldn't find the link when I wanted it. The image is a Maggie and was coloured with my Copics. The papers are freebies from Papercraft Planet. The border was done with a Martha Stewart punch and the lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I used some flatback pearls on the cake.

The ribbon is from my stash. Here is a close up of the image, hoping you can see how I glitterified her dress and flowers with Stickles. The bacground was chalked (Haven't used chalks in such a long time! Forgot what a lovely effect it gives.
And the closed card. Ribbon and flower are from my stash.

By the way, My VISA was approved so Chicago here I come! i think I am going mad, here is the close up. I am blaming it on old age and the fact that I am so excited about going to CHA that I can't think straight.












13 comments:

  1. Wow! You have a lot going on! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your workspace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colouring, great images Shaz #112

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Maggie image, Glad you got your visa.
    Kirsty 115

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have an amazing time at CHA... I loved the Winter convention. Wear comfy shoes and take a wheely bag as you'll be on your feet soooooo long! Draw a face in that Tilda image and it will be perfect. I'm on a crusade to get faces on them characters... they look so much nicer.
    Hugs JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have had a lot of things going on in your life! I'm amazed you had time to make that cute card and organize your shelves!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Karen #55

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are one busy gran... lovely photos and clean desk!lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is adorable and love the tidy desk.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so tidy and organised! neat little card too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you really have been a busy bee. Good news that you got your visa sorted. Love the image on your card and colour combination choice. Hugs Mrs A.#128

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so much going on but you will have a lovely time. Sorry to hear about your daughter and am glad that she and others are not hurt. The card looks wonderful and I hope you get some time to dona few pages of your journal. Very tidy shelves!
    Happy WOYWW
    Rebecca x (66)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Tertia, what lovely tiday space you have and you have had there have fun creating in it, love Magnolia.. and thanks for popping over happy belated WOYWW100, will post fished work on Wed. but will be late not #1!
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tertia a great card and as usual a good story to go with it.
    I am a wee bit envious of your CHA trip i dont even get to the Hobby Expo ha ha
    Happy Mothers day

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will love Chicago. I've been there and it's everything you think it is and more. Enjoy!!!! Great cards, glad no one was hurt and you're a good wife running for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete