Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WOYWW - How did I miss a week?

I didn't know how that happened when I uploaded the photo's this morning at 5h30, but now it is 17h30 in the afternoon and I am only getting to my blog now. So, I suppose it is understandable that I lost a week.
School has started and I am running at full speed, no time for any warm up to the new year.
I have had some time to play in my room, not easy when its school time and it is unbearably hot outside, but I made time (I have to if I have any hope to stay sane LOL)


As you can see, my desk looks terrible, well... it did this morning when I left.I have since cleaned it because I have two ladies coming over tonight for a scrapping lesson.
Don't you just love this digi image and sentiment. I got it from the CDAC Progressive challenge. Cheryl is the kind lady that gave it to us. When I saw the image I knew just who I was going to make this card for. One of my grade 10 students was bitten by a Mozambican spitting Cobra two weeks ago.
we nearly lost her, but she is out of the woods now and it looks like she will not lose any tissue, just some skin, which can be fixed. I am once again in awe of the power of prayer.
I coloured my image with my beloved Copics. All papers are from my stash and so was the ribbon and the buckle.
I also altered some note books for the head girl and her deputies. All images were coloured with Copics and the rest came from my stash. I chose the images to suit their personalities and I am happy to report they loved it.




Thats me for this week, lets hope the next one goes a little slower. Join us at WOYWW and join in the fun.

11 comments:

  1. Oer being bitten by a snake is my worst nightmare...so glad she is going to be ok.
    Hugs,
    A x #47

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD! how horrid to be bitten! Poor girl. Nothing like peeps coming over to play to make one clean up! #125

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your friend is on the mend how horrible poor soul. Love the cards
    Ria #92

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! We deal with a bit of snow while you have snake bites! Wouldn't trade you for the world! Hope you enjoy your scrapping session. Happy WOYWW, hugs Jenny #150

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes Tertia, that is not good... so glad she has recovered so well. The card and notebooks are lovely and I am sure they appreciated their gifts from you. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your student...hope she recovers well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet cards, and a surprising story--I pray she fully recovers soon!

    Happy WOYWW!
    :)trisha #164 this week
    and a little late!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds so scary...that poor girl...she must have been terrified. She must be a fighter though to pull through that.
    Your card is pretty and will be well loved.
    I loved the books for the head girl and her deputies! They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pleasure to visit your creation.Thank you so much for playing the cdac challenges. Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hope your student is feeling much better. And I feel so honored to get to be a small part of a special card for her. Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful project with our Angelic digi stamp and for entering it at CDAC for the Progressive Challenge. One of my grade 10 students was bitten by a Mozambican spitting Cobra two weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your student is recovering from her bite!
    Lovely images you chose and coloured for your girls.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete