Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WOYWW -No commenting on my nerdy behaviour please.

Good morning to all. and what a wonderful morning it is over here. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. It is now just after 5 in the morning over here and I am attempting to post before I go to work. My grandie, Liam (2) spent the night and he is happily eating his yoghurt. He insisted that he wants to do it 'my own self', so it gives me a few minutes to type this
Now please, I do not want any comments about my nerdy behaviour LOL I scrapped, for the first time in over a year, I sat down and just played. such fun but.... my craftroom looked like a bomb went off in there when I was done. I swear I took everything I own out before I was happy with the end result. It looked so bad that I did the unthinkable... I cleaned people!!  When I went in there this morning to take the photo even I found it hard to believe that this is my desk, but I must say its a nice feeling to walk into my room and actually see how beautiful it is, it makes me remember why this is truly my happy place.

This is the end result from my scrapping frenzie. Not quite my normal style, but I had a lot of fun just doing it.
The first one is a picture of a group of teachers from the school where I work. Our one friend left the school to teach at another school and she wanted a photo of all her friends. She gave each of us a copy of the photo as a good bye present and it is such a special photo of some very special ladies that I wanted to do something with it. The background is plain white Bazzil cardstock.I spritzed some mists on a plastic sheet and then dropped the paper face down on the sheet, out came the brayer and this is the end result. I also randomly stamped some background stamps all over. The flower in the corner is handmade - some white Bazzil again, wrapped in tape I bought ages ago, I inked the edges and rolled the flower, put a brad in the middle and there you have it. The other flowers all came from my stash. mostly Wild Orchid crafts with a Prima flower or two thrown in for good measure. A MS punch, some paper scraps and I was done
The next one is a photo of grandie(1). A typical fun summers day playing with a watergun.

The paper is from Upikit and the gears come from a pack I won as part of a door prize at a scrap day a long time ago.
Thats it from me folks, I have to get to work. Just wanted to say that little Tiani is having her last four Proton treatments this week and according to the doctors there is no sign of any cancer. We praise God for yet another miracle. Chevaunne, the girl who was bitten by the Cobra is recovering well and should have her skin graft in the next week or two.
Have a great week and remember to visit WOYWW to join the biggest blog hop on the planet.

16 comments:

  1. My, you've been busy, and time to craft as well. the scrap pages look fabulous. Good to know that Tiani is responding well. Helen. 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted by health news for both girlies, my word it's been a haul for them both. LOVE the scrapbook page..and mostly the fun and escape you had doing it, it's good to remind yourself how much fun can be had...and then of course, the pleasure of finding your room tidy..what a motivation to do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tidy space :) and your lo are lush thanks for sharing

    Kerry @ 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully organised space, just right for messing up ;)

    The bears @#80 this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a gorgeous, clean room!!! I love (and covet!) your paper storage too! The layouts you made are stunning - I really need to try that misting technique. I've seen lots of people do it, but I always think mine won't turn out nearly as pretty.

    Have a great week!
    Jeannie #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving your pages - esp. the second one with all the cogs!!
    happy WOYWW and have wonderful week :)
    no. 5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab layouts - love the arty background and those colourful gears. I just love stumbling on scrapbooking on WOYWW.

    Happy Day

    MA (3)

    ReplyDelete
  8. from the look of your scrap pages I would say the mess was worth it. Your pages are fantastic and now your desk is ready for your next project, result
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like we have something in common this week.....I'm rather late in getting round today but have had to wait til my twinnie grandees went home first...they arrived yesterday morning and had their first sleep over without Mum and Dad last night....just magic :-)
    Hugs,
    A x #62

    ReplyDelete
  10. you had me laughing reading your post! Nerdy indeed... that makes us all Nerds! LOL!
    Love your special LOs so much.
    So pleased Tiani is doing so well. I think of her often. I sent you a little package with Tiani in mind, so hope it arrives soon.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha Nerdy!! I think not! Your special LOs are really lovely. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see your work. Hopefully, we'll see more of it! Have a great week - Lucy #23 x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news for both girls, I hope it continues that way too. Love the scrapbook pages, especially the colours on the first one. How nice it must be to walk into a clean scrap room, mine's a mess!! It really needs a blitz!

    Hugs
    Brenda 91

    ReplyDelete
  14. You SCRAPPED...I am so glad to see what you made...it is beautiful. You should do it more often.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room is lovely. And your page turned out beautifully. April #101

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pages are wonderful! I love how clean and beautiful your room looks. You did an awesome job. I sure wish it was sunny and warm here! We have had maybe two days in 30 where the sun has shined. Otherwise it is cold, dark, and grey here all of the time. It really gets to you! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete